A NEW WAY OF WORKING OUT
CREATING SYNERGY BETWEEN BOXING AND WEIGHT TRAINING
Boxing & Barbells is a Boxing & Weight Lifting Certification Course designed to educate fitness professionals, boxing trainers, weight lifting enthusiasts and boxing & fitness enthusiasts in the field of boxing, weight training and group fitness.
We combine the principles of authentic boxing training and weight lifting with fitness training to form an authentic class format that is structured and consistent. A plug-n-play program you can implement into your class schedule.
The course will provide the necessary knowledge, understanding, skills, and hands-on training to structure safe and effective Boxing & Barbells training classes and sessions with your own clients in a private or group settings.
The Boxing and Barbells course is a full day training program, courses are held at The Stables Boxing Club in Santa Monica, CA, or by arrangement at your facility anywhere in the world. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on hosting a B&B course at your facility.
- Perform and instruct the basic boxing stance along with movement and footwork
- Perform and instruct the basic punches in boxing
- Perform and instruct basic boxing defensive movements
- Perform and instruct putting offense and defense together to form combinations
- Perform and instruct heavy bag techniques, including, how to properly punch without injury, range on bag & footwork on bag
- How to hold and punch focus mitts using authentic boxing fundamentals the proper way to maintain safety
- Perform and instruct the basic forms of weight lifting
- Perform and instruct proper technique for weight lifting
- Identify and correct improper boxing and weight lifting techniques
- Identify the qualities of a successful and effective trainer
- PERFORM & INSTRUCT ONE SIGNATURE CLASS FORMAT
- B&B Certified T-shirt
- Select photos from the day of course
- 180” custom B&B hand wraps
- A hard copy of the 109-page B&B manual
- Discount on all B&B merchandise on the day of course
- Experience in assisting teaching a B&B class
- 24/7 support
- COMPLETE FORMATTED WORKOUT PROGRAM TO IMPLEMENT
DISCOUNT FOR TWO
We are offering The B&B certification program for fitness enthusiasts, group fitness trainers and personal trainers who want to learn how to teach and implement our one-of-a-kind boxing and weight training workout routines. It’s a comprehensive, hands-on course that will prepare you to teach boxing and weight training for fitness in the most authentic way. Certification includes the following list of approved Continuing Education Units (CEUs): NASM 0.8-1 AFFA 8-10 ISSA 8 CANFITPRO 8
We understand that not everyone can make the trip to one of our in-person full day sessions in Los Angeles, or other major US city, to learn from us so we have made the course available to you online. You can also contact us for more details if you would like to host a B&B course in your own city.
THE HISTORY OF BOXING AND BARBELLS
Boxing & Barbells was created and founded in Santa Monica, CA in 2017 by Cary Williams and Damien Patrick.
Previously Cary had opened and grew a chain of boxing gyms in Northern CA called Prime Time Boxing. Over those years of growing the company, Cary competed as a fighter and gained enough experience as a boxing coach to receive her Level 4 Coaching Certification with USA Boxing. This was the highest level of coaching and made her eligible to coach at the Olympics.
She moved to Santa Monica, CA in 2012 and opened The Stables Boxing Club. After a couple of years she passed along her Prime Time Boxing clubs to 2 former fighters, coaches and managers who ran her clubs while she was in SoCal.
Cary and Damien met in 2013. Damien had also just moved to Los Angeles, CA from Boston, MA. Damien started lifting weights as a teenager and was hooked immediately. An all-star athlete, Damien also ran track and competed in Taekwondo where he received his Black Belt. He began teaching Taekwondo in Boston and realized he had an innate skill and passion for teaching.
Damien has been in the body building world for nearly 20 years. He has amassed nearly half a million subscribers on Youtube with his easy to follow weight training workout programs, changing the lives of thousands! He is also an IFBB Pro who will be competing on the Mr. Olympia stage in 2019.
With both Cary and Damien being athletes they hit it off immediately! They began working out together daily. Cary had several old boxing injuries and Damien suggested that she go on a regimented weight lifting program. For over one Cary was right by Damien’s side learning how to lift properly and the program started to help her with her injuries. She began using the weights with her boxing routine and found that it was the best of both worlds. Cardio and strength training to make the body strong. She began to incorporate her program with her members at The Stables and it was a HIT!
Cary is no stranger to creating programs or certifications. In 2009, she signed a marketing contract with Everlast Worldwide and created the Shadowboxing class for 24 Hour Fitness. She created the Prime Time Boxing certification program in 2008 and Everlast was immediately interested in partnering with her. After 3 months of negotiations the deal fell through due to some final details that could not be agreed upon. Unfortunately, Everlast kept copies her certification materials.
WHAT IS THE BOXING AND BARBELLS COURSE?
The course was developed for personal trainers and fitness professionals, boxing trainers and weight lifting enthusiasts and all lovers of fitness!
The course is aimed to not only break down and teach the basic fundamentals of boxing and weight lifting for the participants, but to equip them with the tools and knowledge necessary to teach someone else how to box and lift weights safely and correctly for a fitness program.
We will show you how to combine authentic boxing techniques and weight lifting techniques to deliver a highly effective format for boxing and weight training.
THE BOXING AND BARBELLS TRAINING PHILOSOPHY
The B&B formula for training is to create a synergy between boxing and weight lifting. Both are highly effective in improving cardiovascular health but also for muscular strength, mobility and pain management. Our boxing methods are derived from proven Olympic and professional level boxing principles and techniques. Our weight lifting methods are derived from proven professional level principles and techniques. Creating a synergy between the two disciplines offers a mixture of exercises that are not only progressive and comprehensive, but complimentary to one another.
THE BENEFITS TO THE BOXING & BARBELLS METHOD:
- Weight and fat loss
- Muscle toning for the entire body
- Increase overall strength, core strength, endurance, agility, balance, coordination and reflexes
- Self defense
- Improved sleep
- Ward off injuries and help with pain management
- Increased confidence and sense of well being
- Anxiety and stress relief
- Improved concentration and focus
THE FUNDAMENTAL COMPONENTS OF THE BOXING & BARBELLS METHOD:
- Boxing and weight lifting offer a cognitive experience. Aside from making your mind work to throw punches you will enjoy the thrill of perfecting those punches. As well, weight lifting requires focus for form and a complete mind body connection.
- The ever popular high-intensity interval training has been proven to be one of the most effective training techniques available. A typical B&B workout at a high-intensity, with regular rest periods, gives an efficient HIIT workout, burning 500 to 1000+ calories, in just 50 minutes.
AEROBIC VS ANAEROBIC
- Traditional exercise such as jogging, swimming, biking, at one intensity, delivers a level of aerobic training and a steady-state of oxygen consumption
- Boxing and weight lifting, which generate varying but explosive and intense outputs of energy and force, results in anaerobic training, thus increasing the bodies demand for oxygen. Therefore, yielding better and faster results than other traditional fitness training. This type of training promotes the burning of more calories even after you’ve finished training, enhancing the results of the training.
- The versatility of boxing and weight lifting are unsurpassed. What’s special about the “sweet science” is there is always more to learn! Whether you’re a beginner, or a seasoned fighter, there are infinite ways to continually progress and challenge yourself both physically and mentally. With weight lifting there are a multitude of ways to lift, from reps, sets to amount of weight used.
Whether its building more technical combinations, pushing the intensity, or extending the rounds to be longer, there are limitless ways to prevent plateauing.
- Beyond the boundless challenges and progressions B&B offers, it’s also versatile in the sense that you can do it anywhere with little equipment! Creating COD’s will keep this an ever-changing program.
- Every B&B session will incorporate various functional weight lifting movements which compliment the boxing and target the major muscle groups, especially the legs and core, for a perfect balance.
- Strengthening your full body and core is advantageous to every day functionalities of life both physically and mentally.
- When it comes to teaching boxing and weight lifting, you’re generally working with beginners therefore communication and proper instruction and progression is critical.
- The B&B method breaks down the mechanics and techniques of boxing and weight lifting in such a way that anyone can understand it and teach it.
- By teaching in a way that is easy to understand and follow, we are minimizing the risk of injury. This means your participant’s will be more consistent, which in turn, means they will have a better chance at reaching their fitness goals.